Thursday, March 22, 2007

Vanilla Ice

We traveled up from Queenstown to Franz Josef today to hike to the glacier. We are running out of funds and cannot afford the $140 guided tour to actually climb around the glacier. Bummer. Still, here are some decent pictures.


Icy Hot Stuntaz

coincidentally, this was the 911th picture taken on my camera... I'm not joking.

Queenstown.

Queenstown again.

Franz Josef at night.

I caught Mike at the peak of his swing jump. More Dew dude!


Into the maw of the glacier.

Drive near Queensland.

En Zed.

Sheep.

This internet is expensive. I'll write more later.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Tell me again why I don't live there? Looks like Wyo on steroids! You have officially passed into the realm of "doer" vs. "sitter/dreamer." Proud of you and love you; can't wait to see all your pics on the big screen.

thanatogenos said...

New Zealand IS Wyo on steroids. Go, live here. Seriously, it's such an easily navigable piece of land (as much as I'd like to brag about my expert ability to drive on the left side of the road) with some of the most beautiful geographic features on the planet. And loads of sheep in the middle, filling the gaps. Seriously, the sheep are like glue to this place.

I keep staring at the docile little fluffballs as we drive past wishing I could put my mind into that state of tranquility. 7 days left. Fiji awaits on the 27th, but I'd rather sing into the dreamscapes of co.nz for a few mores years.

I really get why you would like to live here. It's sorta like America, sort of like Europe, very ranchy, and goddamn gorgeous.

Jess said...

Homefinders! Love you, dude. Next time, I go with...

Jess said...

I saw on the news today that a chunk of glacier melted and rushed down the side of a mountain in NZ when the volcano under it sent the heat a little to close to the surface. Dangerous! They had a scienterific name for it, which I'd never heard, and you know I've watched my NOVA weekly since your dad and I watched it on the blue couch in Larame (followed by Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman). Exciting!

Unknown said...

so Alan, I guess you are my Adult Sheep Finder.

Anonymous said...

lucky bastard im soo jealous you have a lot of cool pics your trip sounds like an awesome time!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. It's been a while dude. Did you drink yourself to death?