Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mt. Doom

So. We rented a car, and drove through the entire north island in a day. I drove on the opposite side of a car, on the opposite side of the road, on the opposite side of the world for about 4 hours.

I passed within 20 kilometers of Mt. Doom today, with Isildur's Bane snugly on my finger. I had an urge to drive through the national park, climb to the top of Mount Ngauruhoe, and throw it in. But I am a weak soul. It is my precious.

The scenic route traveling south on the 1 is truly amazing. New Zealand is fucking gorgeous, and we still have the entire south island ahead of us.

We arrived in Wellington at a reasonable hour, ate, and Mike and I ran to catch a 9pm showing of "Hot Fuzz". A thoroughly enjoyable, hilarious, film.

Queenstown and the worlds largest Bungi jump lie ahead. Wish me well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok i just wanted to leave u a myspace comment and it turns into this whole big to-do! sooo of course i had to read and read and all id like to say is: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?! what gives u the right to travel the world while we plebs slave away working just to pay rent???? mmmmhmmmm. im not bitter or anything. nope, not at all.

but for real. how fucking gorgeous is NZ? I stopped there on my way home from australia but i didnt get to stay as long i wouldve liked. sounds like ure doing it in style. keep me posted, id love to hear all about your adventures :)

Anonymous said...

Back in the USSR. Don't know how lucky you are, boys. I sure don't envy you that 18 week hangover.

Little Rock, 5:00 PM CDT, Friday 3/16/2007. Joe and Ellen are just back from Hot Springs, looking for adventure in what every comes their way. Shooter Jennings is playing Rumba tonight. Yes, that would be the son of country legend and Buddy Holly guitar player, Waylon Jennings.

Last weekend I charged your battery and started your beemer. It runs great.

The girls are missing you big time. We lunched at Igibon today (Eva calls me Sushi Master, now. Never having seen Street, she misunderstood sushi monster). Greta and Debbie want to know when you are coming back. They love you.

Emily got accepted to the graduate program at Clinton school and she is walking on air.

We are planning a day at the races sometime in April and a night game at the Travs new venue in NLR.

We're adding three new AH clients this month and have an aggressive schedule to move people to 4.0. Lightweb is a big hit. It's badly in need of an extreme makeover. Traffic is much heavier than we anticipated.

That's the news from le petite roche.

thanatogenos said...

le petite roche?

Fucking frogs. Fucking Clinton.